Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Dreaming of a Poly Library

I had the strangest dream this morning:

I was living in a library, and then Kit came to live with me.  Ostentatiously she and I were 'equals' in living together.  I was happy to have her join me.

Then Kit decided to rearrange the shelves and tables.  She turned them so that they were more open and accessible, yet the aisles were narrower.  I missed the wide cozy aisles, and how the corners had felt like little nooks.  I showed my sister what she had done and quietly complained.  Then Carter waved me over (because apparently he worked in my library).

"If you make me the postmaster I can make her put the shelves back," he said.  I was grateful for his suggestion, even though it wouldn't work.
"I can't do that," I sighed.
"Why not?" he queried me.  I was ashamed to admit the reason to him.
"Because that would undermine her." 
"Well you know what your other option is," he scolded.  "You could talk to her."

So what does a dream like that really mean anyway??

No comments:

Post a Comment