Friday, December 23, 2011

Kisses

This won't start out making much sense, because I don't want to start from the beginning.    I promise: the back story will come out in time.  For now I just don't want to focus on that.  I want to talk about kisses.

Raven kissed me last night. Our first kisses.  I wondered if he was going to, after all the dare was at least four months ago.  It turned out he was just as nervous-eager as I was to finally press close and touch soft sweet lips.  It was so comfortable and happy, like a homecoming.  He remembered the things I'd told him too, how I melt when my hair is petted and how my knees get weak when my neck is nibbled.  He turned me around and held me as we observed the stars, his hands in my pockets, his chin on the top of my head.  So sweet, so brief, I'm already longing for more.

It's frustrating and wonderful that he lives in my hometown.  On the one hand it's so long between visits.  On the other hand he's at least somewhere I visit regularly.  I wish I'd found him when I lived there, but maybe I didn't because I just wasn't ready for him.  He's been part of the process.  He was the friend I could talk to about all the crazy Star and Carter brought into my life and my marriage.  The one who kept reminding me to care for myself.  Every time I thought the crazy drama or my internal struggles would push him away he stayed steadfast. What a wonderful man and friend he is.  It's so important for me to protect the friendship I have in him because I having him in my life has made it richer.

No comments:

Post a Comment